You have just chosen your casino and the next step is to start playing!
To do this you need to register with the casino by making your first deposit. The deposit can be made in several ways, according to the payment methods offered by the site.
Once you have access to the amount deposited, you can choose a slot machine and start having fun.
How to choose a slot machine?
There are a few factors that you should consider when choosing an online slot machine. Check them out!
The most important factor to consider is RTP, the Return to Player, which is the slot’s refund rate.
But what does this mean in practice?
In a nutshell, it’s the rate you get when you divide the money won by the money wagered, in a long-term scenario.
As a rule, the RTP of most slots is between 92% and 99%.
A slot machine will never have an RTP of 100%, as the casino needs to have a profit margin. In the case of an RTP of 97%, for example, 3% would be the site’s margin.
In this sense, looking for slots with high RTP is ideal, as this means you have more chances to win prizes.
Below you can see the 10 slots with the highest RTP percentage, which can be played at online casino:
- Ugga Bugga (Playtech) – 99.07% RTP
- Mega Joker (NetEnt) – 99% RTP
- Ooh Aah Dracula (Barcrest) – 99% RTP
- Jackpot 6000 (NetEnt) – 98.86% RTP
- 1429 Uncharted Seas (Thunderkick) – 98.60% RTP
- Joker Strike (Quickspin) – 98.11% RTP
- Rainbow Riches Pick n Mix (Barcrest) – 98% RTP
- Jokerizer (Yggdrasil) – 98% RTP
- Blood Suckers (NetEnt) – 98% RTP
- Bob The Epic Viking Quest (NetEnt) – 98% RTP
Volatility, also called Variance by some, points out how quickly your bankroll will vary from your wins on a slot machine.
We have to think here that there are 3 types of Volatility:
To help you understand, think of a slot machine as paying out somewhere between $1 and $100. If your Volatility is Low, you will win more often, but with lower payouts, somewhere between $1 to $30 per win (for example).
But if the Volatility is High, the awards are closer to the maximum, of $ 100. Although you will win less often.
When thinking about this factor, you should give preference to online slots with High Variance, because:
- You can win a high prize in a single spin;
- High Volatility slots have higher multiples, paying out more;
- Combine this with a high RTP and you have a better chance of winning with these games!
Below you can see the 10 Slots with the highest Volatility that can be played:
- Bonanza (Big Time Gaming);
- Donuts (Big Time Gaming);
- Fat Rabit (Push Gaming);
- Book of Ra (Novomatic);
- Book of Dead (Play’n’Go);
- Reactoonz (Play’n’Go);
- Beowulf (Pragmatic Play);
- Dead or Alive (NetEnt);
- 300 Shields (NextGen Gaming);
- Berry Burst Max (NetEnt).
When it comes to Free Spins, the so-called Free Spins, there may be some confusion over the term. But that’s one factor you should pay attention to.
What is certain is that Free Spins are indeed free spins that you can get, often without even making a deposit at the casino. What can cause confusion is the way you get them.
Take the case of Bitstarz. This online casino gives you up to 180 free spins according to the amount deposited on the first 4 deposits made on the site.
Some casinos, like Bistarz itself, offer free spins with no deposit, so you can try out the slots. With luck, you can get real prizes with these Free Spins.
Something common to almost all sites and all slot machines is that you can play with no need to bet anything, as much as you want, in order to test the game.
Technically, these are not Free Spins. Although these are also free spins, this way you don’t get any cash prizes.
Paylines are an important concept. They will determine where on the reels the symbols must land for you to have a winning combination.
Below you will see that one of the online slot machine types with the highest number of paylines is Megaways. It can reach up to 117,649 lines!
Other factors you should consider when choosing a slot machine to play:
- What the jackpot amount is.
- The type of machine.
- What special symbols it has and what they do.
- Number of reels on the machine: 3, 4 or 5 reels.
- The bet amount.